Monday, November 18, 2013

Sachin Retirement, 200th Test, Bharat Ratna

Probably I am putting my nose where I am not supposed to put i.e putting a comments for hard core Indian cricket fans :-)..but after reading so many write up, I cannot go without putting my comments..so here is my 2 paisa thought :-)

Cricket as such is a over rated game in India, I assume no one denies that except the hard core cricket lovers. Then, Sachin is a over rated Indian achiever. I dont deny or any way underrate his magnanimous records and achievement in cricket. Also I am no one to deny that he probably has motivated a generation in cricket. So there is no offence to what he has done and what he has achieved etc etc...What I tend to disagree is the kind of religious nature people put him in...people call him god of cricket and frankly I feel this is too much may be a little stupid and overall little megalomaniac type..and we Indians tend to do this a little too much. We have a too much of god-love-hate relation and we follow this too religiously. This is where I have problem. The other problem I have is a little over too much of coverage of the event for about 15days, almost all news channels and sports channels have been putting programs, interview etc on Sachin, for a person like me, this has been a little too much of coverage for an event, which can be nothing more than changing a job or retiring from your current job.

Above all we have the Bharat Ratna...I am no one to deny the contribution by Sachin, when I was going through few people who were far more eligible for this can any one deny the contribution from them...and I am taking names of no one less than Homi Jehangir Bhabha, Vikram Sarabhai, M S Swaminathan, Verghese kurien, Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose (whose award was taken back due to issue over his death), R K Laxman, Anna Hazare, Dhyanchand, Milkha Singh, Vishy Anand etc etc..Compared to these great, I feel achievement by Sachin is at par and as expected for his role. Personally I rate Kapil Dev and MSD much higher than Sachin. Finally Sachin lovers are welcome to crucify me but time will surely tell where he stands post his cricket..

No comments:

Post a Comment